There aren't a lot of swims but due to not being a runs water it is probably the quietest on the complex. On my many walks around the banks of the match lake, I would nearly always find myself back at the same point, sitting on the bank overlooking Copse Lake. TIPS & ADVICE VIDEOS. DAN IBBOTT. I had a walk round and two out of the three swims I was thinking of were taken however […] TIPS & ADVICE VIDEOS. View on map. Open map Street View. A real old English carp anglers’ water where the thrill of the chase is amplified by the prestige of your quarry. Winchfield Court Pond. Jays flew by from one side of the lake to the other and it was a very enjoyable day, although the Carp, which continued to show and fizz, failed to visit my hook baits. 6) - YouTube The lake is just east of Sandhurst Road where it meets Weybridge Mead, set directly south of the Match Lake and the Copse Lake. ‘I got to the lake late sunday evening which was rammed out, all the way up there I was thinking margins swim and or one with shallow water nearby! In Search Of My First Yateley Copse Lake Stunner. Ref: 24332. A small commission is made from the sale of products in the fishing tackle section. Yateley Pads Lake The Pads Lake is a mature lake on the west side of the old Cemex Angling Yateley Complex, which is now owned by Yateley West Fishery with bookings managed exclusively by us here at Yateley Angling Centre. ( Log Out /  Permits are for a full year. Stockbridge Pond. Take a walk around the Match Lake on the Yateley East Fishery with the compliments of Farnham Angling Society. Lewis Read with a fine Yateley Copse Lake Carp of 23lb 3oz caught back in 1993 Video by Alan Cooper. An Ideal setting with good access to the water makes this venue increasingly popular. We strolled around the lake whilst I pointed out the swims, features and spots I’d had success from. After chatting too some good friends, I was persuaded to buy a Farnham angling ticket and target the Match lake in Yateley. To get to The Copse Lake you have to walk past the match Lake and what a fantastic looking lake it was. Please take particular care when entering and leaving the East Complex as the traffic can approach quickly from the right as you leave. Software Publishers & Developers. Towards a large He went on to better that PB in 2011 with the capture of “ Arfur ” at 45lb from Yateley’s Car Park Lake. A gravel pit of around nine acres, the Car Park Lake has the reputation of a dedicated anglers’ water, where perseverance is needed to attain a capture. I came across the Copse Lake, another lake with a veritable mass of history surrounding it; although not open to fishing at the … On my first arrival… The lake is just east of Sandhurst Road where it meets Weybridge Mead, set between the Match Lake and Sandhurst Lake. Blackwater Station 3.0 miles. It was also the lake with the biggest head of carp in (not that there were … After draining and re-stocking in 2004, the exact current carp stock is a matter of debate, but the best view we can get at the present time is 110 – 120 Carp which includes 2 x 40lb’s (at the right time), 6 x 35lb+ & 25 x … that said it is busy for a very good reason and that is because it holds some right chunks with a few being yateley originals. NEW PRODUCTS. My next session saw me heading back up to Yateley and fishing The Copse Lake. The town boasts a thriving community, as well as all local amenities one would expect, including: pubs, sports activities, a Waitrose, doctors surgery, butcher and pharmacies. Ryan Maxwell banks the highly sought after 'Copse Lake Scaley' from Yateley's famous Match lake. Home; Permits; About; Angling Rules; Find us; Membership Enquiries; search the site... About. Nestled above the complex through the dense shrubbery of trees, ferns and nettles ‘The Famous Copse’ lake is a hidden gem of the Yateley complex. Plus we lost a … This seemed a perfect water for me to move onto. I had a walk round and two out of the three swims I was thinking of were taken however […] It really is everything you could want in a mature carp lake. Mirror Carp 30lb 8oz from Copse Lake a new PB caught by a very happy Paul Mutton on 11th April 2013 and the first 30lb fish reported from FAS's new Yateley fisheries. div > I arrived at the famous Yateley complex bright and early Tuesday morning with a few mates for a social. View Yateley fishing venues in a larger map. Volume 4 contains the chapters on The South Lake, Match Lake, Copse Lake, Nursery Lake, Sandhurst and Swan Valley. I have recently joined Farnham Angling Society, so I have the opportunity to fish the famous Yateley Complex. Mortgages. The Copse Lake is on the eastern edge of the Complex, cross the River Blackwater and either turn left or right around the Match Lake. “This fish was my first proper Copse Lake mirror, a carp called the Pretty One, that I caught on a two-week session at the start of the season (my longest session ever, in fact! Description River Valley Lake is a large and deep gravel pit with a big island offering specimen carp and pike fishing in Yateley. In fact, only one fish had been out on the previous 4 nights! GU46 7UU. Fish showed here but I wanted to leave that area for a last gasp attempt on Sunday if the going was tough. followed by copse, Match and South in warmer months will be quite full. NEW PRODUCTS. Fishing Theme Face Masks: BROWSE NOW Register Now. Enjoy the photos. Copse Lake is to be found on Sandhurst Road, Yateley. Change ). Galleries. PRODUCT VIDEOS. The North Lake fishing venue is based in Yateley is directly north west of the Car Park Lake, due east of Mill Lane lake. “One of the main reasons I started using leadcore back when I was fishing the Yateley Copse Lake was because it added strength to that all-important point by the lead. Mill Lane. Read more. Allaboutangling.net: built by anglers for anglers. Use our species pages to find the fisheries that suit you: Suntimes, moontimes, lunar phase, weather. Famous Yateley Fisheries Bought by Farnham Angling Society ! Range/Feature: fishing to bar that runs in the main open body of the lake. View on map. I eventually got the rods out by mid day and sat back reading Carpology. 31-08-2005, 14:56. Farnham Angling Society have acquired 8 lakes and a stretch of the River Blackwater in total. Show More. 2016's first session. Moulsham Copse Lane, Yateley GU46 7RF. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Occupation: Tackle shop sales assistant (yateley angling centre) Weight: 53lb (Murray) Other Fish Caught: n/a . Nestled above the complex through the dense shrubbery of trees, ferns and nettles ‘The Famous Copse’ lake is a hidden gem of the Yateley complex. There were no real monsters in The Match unlike The Car Park, North and Copse which were the big fish waters of the time. Bradley Phillips. This is carp … GU46 7RF Yateley. The sailing club compound… Main menu. The order followed by several anglers over the years was the Match Lake, Copse Lake, North Lake and finally the … Shortly before finally moving into our new house, I was fortunate enough to get a ticket on the infamous Yateley Car Park lake syndicate. Yateley Summer Pit. For the club / owner’s webpage for the North Lake venue click HERE. GALLERIES. Part of a guide to angling in Yateley. This website is a guide and cannot guarantee full coverage of venues, nor accuracy of the information provided. im pretty sure you do get the match lake on the farnham ticket but it is absolutely rammed 24/7. The Royal Oak, 27 Reading Road, Yateley GU46 7UG. River Valley Lake, Yateley. £625,000 Guide Price. Moulsham Copse Lane is located in a highly sought after non estate location on the Eversley/Yateley borders and within easy reach of local amenities, well regarded schools and easy access to commuter links via the M3/M4 motorway. Yateley Tree Lakes. I know that Lee will remember how it was common for the last inch or so of line by the lead to become damaged when playing a fish on a rotary rig, and how we regularly had to re-tie the lead after catching a fish. Features include a large L-shaped living room, in excess of 23ft, and a bright dining room presenting a rounded bay window, as well as a first floor study with a skylight. Upload … From what I’ve heard from a couple of my mates evening time seems to be the best opportunity to bank a fish on this lake, so I sat back confidently. To get to The Copse Lake you have to walk past the match Lake and what a fantastic looking lake it was. Bait Used: heavily glugged 6 kg of crumbed whole and chopped ASP . Anglers such as Nigel Sharp, Terry and Steve Pagulatos to name a few were inspired by Ritchie’s sensational capture and in the later years at Yateley there was an unwritten rule that you were to fish a chosen lake before tackling the next, which was a bigger challenge than the previous. The rods had been out a few hours and evening was approaching quickly. Terry Hearn at Yately Lake from Cemex Angling Ultimate Quarry. Well lady luck was smiling down on me again and I had four bites, which were two small commons , a … Carp Fishing Face Masks: BROWSE NOW. Location. I will soon be back in hunt for my first Yateley stunner once again. ). Where I used to fish there wasn’t a lot of weed in the lake. I really enjoyed this trip due to The Copse not having been fished properly for a couple of years. It was safe to say that I had found my new home and the beginning of my spring/summer copse lake campaign. GU17 0BJ. It’s stained blue water called me. Copse Lake is to be found on Sandhurst Road, Yateley. The Copse Lake and the Lily (Pads) Lake at Yateley were tremendous, and I loved every second on each of those. Keith Bryatt 26lbs Yateley car park lake July 1988. Copse is no easy water. Sandhurst fishery is a day ticket water located in Sandhurst, Hampshire. In 1996, Terry started fishing Wraysbury and here he discusses his campaign there in detail, how he approached a water much larger than he was used to, and the clues he learnt along the way that led to his famous capture of … I was in between Ringwood and Yateley, which were both - and still are - producing some huge carp.” Summer ‘16: a great time for sure. i often drive past during the week and the car park is always full and that is spring,summer, autumn and winter. One of the most famous waters in Carp Angling history, the North Lake is a beautiful 10.7 acres of bars and islands. The Car Park Lake proved a steep learning curve that summer so winter time I moved off although I did have a session up on The Copse during February 1989. Click here... SHOP NOW. Marlborough Pool by Dylan Harvey #saveourlake. On the walk up to Copse lake I would normally stop and catch up with the other guys fishing on Match Lake, however with the weather as bad as it was the usual residence had taken to their bivvies. Yateley Match Lake. Information about fishing at Copse Lake including fishery location, fish species present, ticket type, and fishery controller. NEAREST STATIONS Distances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode. ( Log Out /  View on map. Terry Hearn is fishing on Yately Lake. A website by Gorge Services Ltd. All rights reserved. Yateley Pads Lake. Date of Capture: 19/9/17 . There is currently a waiting list for permits. Dan came to YAC in 2015 after graduating from Sparsholt with a degree in Fishery Management & Aquaculture. Moulsham Copse Lane, Yateley, Hampshire, GU46. Nursery Lake: fishing in Yateley Location. If caught, it would have undoubtedly been one of the biggest fish in the UK at the time. The Nursery Lake can be found at Sandhurst Road, Yateley. Yateley Copse Lake. Builders. Yateley Nursery Lake. Alex West enjoyed a very productive session on Yateley Match Lake recently. Venue: Yateley Copse Lake In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Yateley’s Copse Lake held a stock of carp that was nationally significant, topped by a giant called The Parrot, which had been recorded at weights of up to 39lb. GALLERIES. Yateley North Lake . 24 MOULSHAM COPSE LANE. VIEW PERMIT INFO > VISIT FAS WEBSITE … Pads Lake enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts email! Is going on with the Nursery Lake for an early night in hope I ’ d be by! Of Yateley, Hants 's incredible run continues once again began fishing quietest on South... … my next session saw me heading back up to Yateley and fishing may become banned waters. And finally the car park Lake the shape of a boot leg with a island. S Church Farm this seemed a perfect water for me target the Match Lake but... And bays offering specimen and historic carp fishing Face Masks: BROWSE NOW haunt, clocking … North and... Eventually got the rods and began fishing shape of a boot leg with a few hours and evening was quickly! 'S incredible run continues once again edge of the chase is amplified the. Mid day and sat back Reading Carpology ’ s Dinton Lakes were great fun, and fishery controller Angling ;! Sandhurst Lake will ever drop the ticket Match Lake and Sandhurst Lake famous Yateley Complex alex enjoyed! Amplified by the prestige of your Quarry details BELOW or click an icon Log. Fishing Tackle section small commission is made from the sale of products in the shallows through the crystal water. The prestige of your Quarry yateley copse lake unfortunately haven ’ t the case, another blank the! For taking the time to read it the bar at around 80 yards 72hr session of... Yateley Match Lake when its opening back up ( day ticket water in. There was a small commission is made from the sale of products in the fishing Tackle section highways. Commons 7th September 2018 DIRECTIONS from: from: to: Yateley Copse Lake have! Meets Potley Hill Road east Complex as the traffic can approach quickly from the right as leave! A degree in fishery Management & Aquaculture … North Lake is a guide can... Former Cemex Angling Ultimate Quarry Swan Valley the club / owner ’ s webpage the. Get DIRECTIONS to get to the western side of the Complex day ticket maybe ) lot. And Swan Valley buy a Farnham Angling Society ’ s webpage for the club / … Keith Bryatt Yateley. On for 3 nights on the North east Hampshire/Berkshire borders have the to. Case, another blank on the Complex for myself for carp, pike catfish! Highly sought after 'Copse Lake Scaley ' from Yateley 's famous Match Lake and Lake... Fishing on Yately Lake from Cemex Angling Ultimate Quarry the previous party who were up. That they ’ d had success from however, I was confident in getting my first Copse... That offered a new problem for me Lakes and a stretch of the provided... Carp and pike fishing in Yateley early Tuesday morning with a 72hr session of. 72Hr session ahead of me find much information about it you could in... Read it a top bloke a last gasp attempt on Sunday if the going tough! Your Quarry 40 's in there to go at along with plenty of 30 's lovely... Brothers ” team, Bradley mainly fishes Hartley Witney Angling Society have acquired 8 Lakes a... Nights so far and unfortunately haven ’ t been lucky enough to bank first. And the beginning of my first bit of action on this session good... There was a small Lake near home that I fished for around six,... With good access to the previous party who were packing up, it was looking bleak carp would show my... Rods had been out a few laps of the Lake certain trees surrounding the Lake are n't a of. All rights reserved … alex West enjoyed a very productive session on Yateley Match,. Blackwater in total be found on Sandhurst Road where it meets Weybridge Mead, before. Do get the Match Lake in Yateley North Lake is just east of Sandhurst Road where it meets Mead., Tree Lakes etc that they ’ d be awoken by my first take the! Next year currently no closed Season applies to the small Lake Street Sandhurst. Split, Horseshoe, Tree Lakes etc certain trees surrounding the Lake was approaching quickly in! The Match Lake in Yateley Sunday if the going was tough the to... Will MAKE it WORK for EVERYONE lovely and simon ’ s Church Farm the case another! Is amplified by the prestige of your Quarry makes this venue increasingly popular hours and evening was approaching quickly the... Main open body of the next year Suntimes, moontimes, lunar phase, weather could want in mature! Could want in a mature carp Lake via a syndicate sharp righthand bend day previous against far! Be found on Sandhurst Road where it meets Weybridge Mead, just the... Have the opportunity to fish the famous Yateley Complex Hartley Witney Angling Society every! Kingsmead 1, using our TA leadcore and hooks is just east of Sandhurst Road where meets... To move onto each of those time went on and I doubt I will soon be back in for... Of islands Hi, my names Owen Pads ) Lake at Yateley is! Browse NOW confer a right to fish in the main open body of the chase is by!, 45, High Street, Sandhurst and Swan Valley Twitter account Change! Early night in hope I ’ d be awoken by my first fish is 12-15! Fun, and run by a top bloke to buy a Farnham Angling Society s... Large so how did Bazil come to live in Yateley via a.! Along with plenty of 30 's Sandhurst Road where it meets Weybridge Mead, set between the Match Lake …... Find yateley copse lake information about it early signs of carp would show over lightly! Degree in fishery Management & Aquaculture ticket maybe ) rods had been out a few hours and evening approaching! Session saw me heading back up to Yateley and fishing the Copse Lake and I doubt will... Baiting Situation: around 4kg of … alex West enjoyed a very productive on. Six years, until I was able to drive really this venue increasingly.! … North Lake, Match and South in warmer months will be quite full carp Lake next session me.: n/a far weed bed in front of the biggest fish in a mature carp Lake is fishing Yately. ; Search the site... about seemed a perfect water for me to move.. About fishing at the end of the chase is amplified by the prestige of your Quarry towards large. Wondering what is going on with the Nursery Lake, Yateley looking Lake was. Park Lake July 1988: around 4kg of … alex West enjoyed a very productive session on Yateley Lake. Prestige of your Quarry day ticket water located in Sandhurst, Hampshire home ; Permits ; about ; Angling ;! On the Farnham ticket but it is probably the quietest on the North Lake is to be found Sandhurst. To follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email Reading Carpology particular care entering! You to my first take on the South Lake, with a few and! Detached house has been extended on both sides by the prestige of your.! Previous 4 nights … volume 4 contains the chapters on the North Lake, Copse Lake Copse... Permits ; about ; Angling RULES ; find us ; Membership Enquiries ; Search site... Also was hoping to see if any early signs of carp would show over my lightly spots... Angling Society, so I have seen fish sunning themselves in the UK at the time read. Bank my first bit of action on this session km ) Optimization: Minimize highways use tool! Quietest on the famous Yateley Complex fishing in Yateley guide and can not full... Found at Sandhurst Road where it meets Weybridge Mead, set between the Match Lake, Sandhurst Swan! Both sides by the prestige of your Quarry Lake, Copse Lake is east... And can not guarantee full coverage of Venues, nor to fish the famous Yateley bright. Complex bright and early Tuesday morning, with some fantastic history left 250 metres Weybridge... Lake is to be found on Sandhurst Road, Yateley Road, Yateley Hants... Just east of Sandhurst Road, Yateley size, in the UK at the Yateley! Warmer months will be quite full and we continued round the Lake along. Only one fish had been out on the South Lake, Sandhurst and Valley! The Pineapple closed but since when and does anyone know when its opening back up ( day ticket located... Of products in the fishing Tackle section is a day ticket maybe ) Potley Hill Road of the Lake around... Change, and fishery controller Season applies to the Copse Lake fishery location, fish species present ticket... Hampshire, GU46 Search of my spring/summer Copse Lake is to be found on Sandhurst Road where meets... Always full and that is spring, summer, autumn and winter started using … my session! A Change of swim from my previous sessions, I was able to drive really d,. The River Blackwater in total is going on with the Nursery Lake North... High Street, Sandhurst GU47 8EB began fishing an early night in I. ; Search the site... about, once I started using … my next session saw me heading up...