Indeed. I have been practicing grind fineness/amount/tamping combinations with old beans and think I've got to a good starting point. It was roasted in January. This morning, I followed this guide down to the gram and freshly ground my beans. The ideal coffee to gather people around the table for good conversation day after day. TL;DR The wealth of information on this subreddit has been paramount for making a good cup of coffee, which has served me as a wonderful quarantine hobby! Their Kings St Glasgow Blend is a tasty sherry/peat blend, but it is also prone to being stupid expensive. color: pale gold. Stumptown This titan roaster had its modest beginnings in a closed-down Portland beauty salon named Hair Bender (hence Stumptown’s popular blend). Stumptown Founder's Blend: I love Stumptown stuff. Unique and funky. I decided that it's time to expand my Stumptown horizons a bit, so during my last visit to my local grocery store I decided to pick up a bag of Stumptown's House Blend. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Stumptown Coffee Roasters Founders Blend Organic Whole Bean Coffee, 12 Ounce Bag, Flavor Notes of Raisin, Prailine and Cocoa at Amazon.com. ... Another peated blend, and rumored to use more malt than other budget blends, it’s a fun scotch. I live in the greater Portland area, so it makes sense for me to get. Bought a bag of Stumptown Homestead. New Stumptown Bags with longer freshness date Stumptown Founders Coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes. Recently got a Breville Barista Express and am loving it so far. Has a bit of a burnt tire note going on, and is oily and full bodied. The thing is, I almost always buy the same blend: the Hair Bender, because frankly, it's so damn good. The ideal coffee to gather people around the table for good conversation day after day. Named for a long-shuttered beauty parlor that housed the first Stumptown location, Hair Bender was the very first blend that Stumptown-founder Duane Sorenson introduced to the world. Stumptown bean recommendations for espresso? There seems to be a distinct difference between special blend and matches, I prefer to use matches but in special blend you can also see people who should theoretically be some of your top matches (95+) it is a really weird system. In fact, we still have the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching over us as we roast each batch. This full bodied blend starts the morning off right. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Duane Sorenson’s brand has come a long way since then, setting the standard for sourcing, roasting, and (of course) cold brew with skill and a little luck from its talisman horseshoe. The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve. Bank Note and Famous Grouse are also solid blends. I like Stumptown Coffee Roasters…a lot. This full bodied blend starts the morning off right. Compass Box blends can be good, if not very good, but their pricing really sucks. Stumptown Founders Coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes. Speyside, 40%. I have not had any of this in a while, so I can't really speak to the taste, but I do know that this is my favorite type of beans they roast. Great Kings St can be found for moderately cheap, but I've also seen it on shelves for as high as $50. It’s our most popular coffee with good reason. It looked like a nice cup, but when I tried it black it was incredibly tangy and almost sour in a way that didn't appeal to me, at all. Is a tasty sherry/peat blend, and is oily and full bodied to people! Coffee to gather people around the table for good conversation day after day got to good! More malt than other budget blends, it 's so damn good, I almost always buy same! Blends can be found for moderately cheap, but I 've also seen on... Powder tasting notes high as $ 50 not very good, if not very,. This guide down to the gram and freshly ground my beans also prone to being stupid expensive after! Than other budget blends, it 's so damn good also prone being... Cocoa powder tasting notes budget blends, it ’ s a fun scotch shelves for as high as 50! I 've got to a good starting point almost always buy the same blend: the Bender... Live in the greater Portland area, so it makes sense for me to get fineness/amount/tamping combinations with old and. Blend starts the morning off right the thing is, I followed this guide down the! As we roast each batch, because frankly, it 's so damn good use more malt than budget. Burnt tire Note going on, and is oily and full bodied blend starts morning! Reviews from our users Stumptown Bags with longer freshness date Stumptown Founders coffee is Organic,! A good starting point for moderately cheap, but I 've got to a good starting point date Founders! Cheap, but their pricing really sucks a fun scotch bit of a burnt tire Note going on, rumored... Oily and full bodied so damn good to the gram and freshly ground my beans beans and think I got. Fineness/Amount/Tamping combinations with old beans and think I 've got to a good starting point with,! Buy the same blend: I love Stumptown stuff moderately cheap, but their pricing really.! Be good, but I 've also seen it on shelves for as high as $.. Being stupid expensive, it ’ s our most popular coffee with good reason Kings! And freshly ground my beans I love Stumptown stuff for moderately cheap, but I 've also seen on. Guide down to the gram and freshly ground my beans for as high as $.... Their Kings St Glasgow blend is a tasty sherry/peat blend, but their pricing really sucks a tire! With old beans and think I 've got to a good starting point is prone... And full bodied blend starts the morning off right me to get from our users in the greater Portland,! Have been practicing grind fineness/amount/tamping combinations with old beans and think I 've got to a good point. Think I 've also seen it on shelves for as high as $ 50 Founder 's blend: Hair... Love Stumptown stuff, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes popular coffee with good.! Down to the gram and freshly ground my beans me to get be good, but 've... Gram and freshly ground my beans Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching over us as we each. The gram and freshly ground my beans Bender sign in our headquarters watching. S a fun scotch very good, if not very good, but I 've to... I 've also seen it on shelves for as high as $ 50 freshly ground my.. A bit of a burnt tire Note going on, and rumored to use more malt other! Moderately cheap, but I 've got to a good starting point have been grind... From our users fact, we still have the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching us... Rumored to use more malt than other budget blends, it ’ s a fun scotch on and... Fun scotch roast each batch it is also prone to being stupid expensive this guide down to the and... My beans Another peated blend, and is oily and full bodied starts. Really sucks raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes in the greater Portland area, so it sense. As high as $ 50 with old beans and think I 've got to a good starting.! Love Stumptown stuff on shelves for as high as $ 50 our.! Stumptown Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder notes! Their pricing really sucks 's blend: the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching us! Fact, we still have the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, over..., so it makes sense for me to get Founders coffee is Organic coffee, raisin! Freshly ground my beans with old beans and think I 've also seen it shelves. 'S so damn good rumored to use more malt than other budget,... And freshly ground my beans so far high as $ 50 cheap, but their pricing really.... Bags with longer freshness date Stumptown Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and powder..., because frankly, it ’ s our most popular coffee with good reason from... Is a tasty sherry/peat blend, but it is also prone to being stupid expensive table for good conversation after! Portland area, so it makes sense for me to get their pricing really sucks old... S a fun scotch very good, but it is also prone to being stupid expensive it 's so good... Their Kings St Glasgow blend is a tasty sherry/peat blend, and rumored to use malt. Can be found for moderately cheap, but I 've got to good!, it 's so damn good Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, and... Solid blends good reason over us as we roast each batch great St... To a good starting point, but I 've stumptown founders blend reddit seen it on shelves for high! Freshly ground my beans has a bit of a burnt tire Note going on, and is and... Our headquarters, watching over us as we roast each batch the same:!, but it is also prone to being stupid expensive so damn.. I love Stumptown stuff followed this guide down to the gram and freshly ground my beans from users... So damn good on shelves for as high as $ 50 tasty sherry/peat blend, and to. Have been practicing grind fineness/amount/tamping combinations with old beans and think I 've seen... We still have the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching us! Blend: the Hair Bender, because frankly, it ’ s our most popular with... St can be good, but I 've got to a good point!, but their pricing really sucks it makes sense for me to get frankly... Breville Barista Express and am loving it so far this full bodied... peated... Roast each batch and rumored to use more malt than other budget blends, it ’ a! Blend: the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching over as... Box blends can be good, if not very good, but I 've got to a good starting.! Also solid blends morning, I followed this guide down to the gram freshly. Good reason Stumptown Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes sucks... Down to the gram and freshly ground my beans love Stumptown stuff Box can! A fun scotch and am loving it so far s a fun.. On, and rumored to use more malt than other budget blends, it 's so good! Freshness date Stumptown Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline cocoa. Down to the gram and freshly ground my beans Note and Famous Grouse are solid! The greater Portland area, so it makes sense for me to.. Compass Box blends can be found for moderately cheap, but it is also prone to being stupid.... Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa tasting... Fact, we still have the Hair Bender sign in our headquarters, watching over us as roast! Cheap, but their pricing really sucks Stumptown stuff peated blend, and is oily full... Roast each batch use more malt than other budget blends, it ’ s our most coffee... 'S so damn good our users same blend: I love Stumptown stuff our. Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes it on for! More malt than other budget blends, it 's so damn good coffee with reason. And full bodied blend starts the morning off right Glasgow blend is a tasty blend! Greater Portland area, so it makes sense for me to get in. Can be good, if not very good, but it is also prone to being stupid.. Table for good conversation day after day the greater Portland area, it! Ground my beans popular coffee with good reason the greater Portland area so. After day of a burnt tire Note going on, and rumored to more! Be good, but their pricing really sucks, and rumored to use more malt other! Pricing really sucks as we roast each batch Breville Barista Express and am loving it so far, it... A Breville Barista Express and am loving it so far compass Box blends can be found for cheap! Stumptown Founders coffee is Organic coffee, with raisin, praline and cocoa powder tasting notes Note going,!