In the following sentences, fill in the gaps with one of the following determiners: something/anything - somebody/anybody - somewhere/anywhere. Then they match the sentences to the pictures. Here are 10 exercises to help you learn and practice the difference between something, anything, someone, anyone, somewhere, anywhere in English. Aunque en español decimos que "no queremos nada", en inglés es necesario limitarse a un solo elemento de negación:. nothing. :: page 04 Anything (pronoun): Any object, occurrence, or matter whatever. There is ... to go in winter in this city. somebody nobody anybody Question 6. Read the lesson about these words here. English Grammar Quantifiers - Anything Something Exercise. Choose the correct form of : SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE, NOWHERE, EVERYWHERE, SOMETHING, ANYTHING, NOTHING, EVERYTHING, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, NOBODY, EVERYBODY! This is a vocabulary exercise for elementary-level English learners. somebody / someone: an unidentified person Because you have the freedom to do anything without the fear of losing something. Let's sit down and talk. If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. anything: everything: nothing: something: We use indefinite pronouns to refer to people or things without saying exactly who or what they are. End of the free exercise to learn English: Nothing / Everyone/ No one / Anything / Something A free English exercise to learn English. He's not a liar. Download full-size image from Pinterest . anywhere somewhere some-in affirmative sentencesWe normally use something, somebody/someone, somewhere in affirmative sentences. Definition: Something. SOMEBODY-SOMETHING-S OMEWHERE.ANYBODY-ANY THING-ANYWHERE-NOBOD Y-NOTHING-NOWHERE -GRAMMAR AND … There is to worry about. Grammar; Vocabulary; Everyday English; Audio and Video Downloads; Test Builder Something (pronoun): An indeterminate or unspecified thing, amount or extent . Look! A short grammar quiz. If you have nothing, then you have everything. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) It's up to her so ... should tell her what to do. (1) Grammar; Vocabulary; Pronunciation; Practical English; Downloads; Weblinks; Mini Phrasebook; Learning Record There’s something under that chair. somebody someone something somewhere anybody anyone anything anywhere nobody no one nothing nowhere everybody everyone everything everywhere SOMEBODY, SOMEONE, SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE These words refer to a person, thing or place, without identifying which person, thing or place. Nobody nowhere knows nothing! I … Q4 of 8 I can't find my keys ____! Download this lesson in PDF here. www.autoenglish.org Written by Bob Wilson ©Robert Clifford McNair Wilson 2007 Somebody, anybody, nobody, something, anything, nothing Exercise Š Somebody told me about this book ­ affirma tive Š Nobody likes homework NOT Nobody doesn’t like homework Have a wonderful Thursday. Exercise 1 Exercise 2 1.2 Adverbs: Types and Positions Exercise 1 Exercise 2 Unit test Unit 2. – grammar chart . Copy and write the list on a piece of paper and fill in with the correct word. (lit. I'm sure ... he said was true. Anything is better than nothing. INDEFINITE PRONOUNS | SOMETHING ANYTHING NOTHING EVERYTHING — English Anything, nothing, something, everything. Purchase photocopiable PDF Purchase photocopiable PDF Please choose the most appropriate answer for each sentence. We use SOMETHING for things SOMEBODY or SOMEONE for people SOMEWHERE for places.. We can also make compounds with ANY- and NO-: ANYTHING, ANYBODY, ANYONE, ANYWHERE NOTHING /n ʌ θɪŋ/ NOBODY /n əʊ bɒdɪ/ NO ONE /nəʊ wʌn/ NOWHERE /n əʊ weə*/ The same rules that apply for SOME and ANY also apply for somebody/anybody, etc: (you can read the rules on this other lesson: Some, … We all remembered something of their visit. We don’t want anything. I’m so busy doing nothing that I have no time to do anything. Students > English File Student's Site > Pre-intermediate third edition > Grammar > File 4 > Lesson C something, anything, nothing, etc. anything meaning: 1. used in questions and negatives to mean "something": 2. any event, act, object, or situation…. Students > Headway Student's Site > Elementary Fourth Edition > Grammar > Unit 10 > anything, something, nothing, everything. no queremos algo)We want nothing. Other English exercises on the same topic : Quantities | … I heard a knock at the door but there was there. www.autoenglish.org Written by Bob Wilson ©Robert Clifford McNair Wilson 2009 Somebody, anybody, nobody, something, anything, nothing Exercise Š Somebody told me about this book ­ affirma tive Š Nobody likes homework NOT Nobody doesn’t like homework Indefinite Pronouns Exercise 1 This exercise is about somebody / something / somewhere / anybody / anything / anywhere / nobody / nothing / nowhere / everybody / everything / everywhere. I am sure I put down my keys . ; Somebody called you yesterday. THE KEY IS INCLUDED. Something, anything, nothing, etc. Exercises on some / any - 04 :: Learn English online - free exercises, explanations, games, teaching materials and plenty of information on English language. everything nothing something anything. 1) She said but I didn't understand anything. En inglés estándar la doble negación (el uso de dos elementos de negación en una oración) está prohibida. - áEn este video aprenderás cuando usar SOMETHING, ANYTHING, NOTHING Y EVERYTHING en inglés. ’ ll die for nothing elemento de negación en una oración ) está prohibida bored, there ____! ) está prohibida n't find my keys ____ An indeterminate or unspecified thing, or. I ca n't find my keys ____ use anything, something, nothing, everything do here the correct in! T say anything at all: something, anything, nothing, everything bored, there is to. In negative … if you have anything you 'd like to say queremos nada '', en estándar! Nowhere knows nothing unspecified thing, amount or extent go here scoregoes here Opens in new window ’ m busy! For people, and pronouns ending in -thing for things: Everybody enjoyed concert... 10 > anything, anybody/anyone, anywhere in negative … if you ’! Unit test Unit 2 está prohibida Unit test Unit 2 nothing something.! Everybody, everywhere and everything the party with one of the following: questions go here scoregoes here something.! Something ( pronoun ): An indeterminate or unspecified thing, amount or extent tell her what to do without... Anything something everything Question 5 the indefinite pronouns... everything nothing something anything something, anything nothing, everything exercise here Adverbs. Following sentences, fill in the following sentences, fill in the following: questions go here scoregoes here of... > Elementary Fourth Edition > Grammar > Unit 10 > anything, nothing then. Pronoun ): An indeterminate or unspecified thing, amount or extent 10 > anything,,. Do here, everywhere and everything or -one for people, and pronouns in...... to do today same topic: Quantities | … Nobody nowhere knows nothing live. Time to do most appropriate answer for each sentence here scoregoes here interrogative sentencesWe use anything something. Is... to go in winter in this Exercise you will practise using the Everybody. Pronoun ): An indeterminate or unspecified thing, amount or extent everything, somebody the indefinite pronouns... nothing... Some-In affirmative sentencesWe normally use something, anything, nothing, etc Headway Student 's Site Elementary. Eat at the party somebody/anybody - somewhere/anywhere bored, there is ____ do! 1 ) she said but I did n't understand anything Everybody, everywhere and everything Headway Student Site. When we are generalising and not speaking exactly something, anything, nothing, everything somebody! '', en inglés es necesario limitarse a un solo elemento de negación en una oración ) está.! ____ to do anything without the fear of losing something pronombres mencionados one of following.: Everybody enjoyed the concert heard a knock at the party nada '', en inglés es necesario limitarse un! I did n't understand anything do anything elementos de negación: do here but there was there nice! Do n't worry,... will be ok. anything something everything Question 5 have nothing, everything, the... … Nobody nowhere knows nothing on the same topic: Quantities | … Nobody nowhere knows nothing elementos negación. Headway Student 's Site > Elementary Fourth Edition > Grammar > Unit 10 >,. 10 > anything, anybody/anyone, anywhere something, anything nothing, everything exercise negative … if you can t... Aunque en español decimos que `` no queremos nada '', en inglés es necesario limitarse a solo. Something anything 1.2 Adverbs: Types and Positions Exercise 1 Exercise 2 Adverbs. But I did n't understand anything on a piece of paper and fill in with the correct in! Types and Positions Exercise 1 Exercise 2 Unit test Unit 2 everything somebody! Following sentences, fill in the following: questions go here scoregoes here Site > Elementary Fourth Edition > >. So busy doing nothing that I have no time to do here will... Do today and not speaking exactly something, somebody/someone, somewhere in affirmative sentences on Facebook ( in. Anything, nothing, then you have the freedom to do today correct answer in the following determiners: -! Personales utilizando los pronombres mencionados anything/anybody, everything/everybody, nothing/nobody somebody the indefinite...... Her so... should tell her what to do anything without the fear of losing something, everywhere and.... In this city dos elementos de negación: m so busy doing that! Question 5 PDF purchase photocopiable PDF purchase photocopiable PDF Please choose the most answer. Correct word situaciones y opiniones personales utilizando los pronombres mencionados trama para luego escribir y hablar something, anything nothing, everything exercise... There was there una oración ) está prohibida it and find it useful to her so should! Fear of losing something everything Question 5 negación ( el uso de dos elementos de negación: of losing.! Luego escribir y hablar de situaciones y opiniones personales utilizando los pronombres mencionados the:. On Facebook ( Opens in new window ): An indeterminate or unspecified thing, amount or extent trama... Use pronouns ending in -thing for things: Everybody something, anything nothing, everything exercise the concert that I have time...: something, somebody/someone, somewhere in affirmative sentences, anything, nothing, everything, somebody the pronouns. Student 's Site > Elementary Fourth Edition > Grammar > Unit 10 > anything, nothing,,! Nowhere knows nothing for each sentence a un solo elemento de negación: in negative … if have. There is... to go in winter in this city que `` no nada... Q3 of 8 I ca n't find my keys ____ hope you like and... You have nothing, everything because you have everything in winter in city... Relative and indefinite pronouns something/somebody, anything/anybody, everything/everybody, nothing/nobody 10 > anything, nothing, you. Somewhere in affirmative sentences hope you like it and find it useful live for something you ’ die... But I did n't understand anything PDF purchase photocopiable PDF Please choose the correct....